5.26.2009

I am Bicycle, and you can too.

It is perhaps, at best, quasi-whimsical upon first encounter with someone, or something, that you know will be highly involved in your life. A curious tilt of the head, inquiring eyes, and a slightly wrinkled forehead are the beginnings of an indelible relationship soon to come. I am, of course, talking about unpacking my bicycle, which arrived via mail in a box almost bigger than my lengthy torso. Despite its mere 26 pounds, the box contained a sleekly concealed Giant Defy 2, which will be my chosen transportation to the Pacific Ocean. It was indeed an odd scene; me, walking in scrutinizing circles around the stoic glare of the shiny, red bicycle. An arranged marriage for the next 4000 miles that will entail countless adventures across the broad expanse of the United States; Portsmouth, NH to Vancouver, BC. I will say fund raising is halfway to the goal of $4000, and would like to offer an emphatic Thank You, to all the generous supporters that have enabled me thus far. Who ever said a cross country bike trip is not good for the soul? I am excited about what is to come; the journey, the challenge and the reward. An opportunity to do incredible things that benefit a greater community should never be passed up. Thanks again to everyone and I look forward to tracking the trip via the blog-o-sphere. Click here to go to my Bike and Build page.

jh

No comments:

Post a Comment