5.31.2009

65+

65+, A designation usually reserved for eligibility into AARP*, takes on a new personal meaning today in the form the number of miles rode. A light Sunday afternoon ride turned into 4.5 hours on the rode, covering over 65 miles while zipping around Huntsville. I am sure my body will hate me tomorrow, once there has been time for it to realize the distance it went today. Mile 1 is getting closer and closer, and I feel like I have more and more to do before the trip begins. With a few more generous people, I will be at the $4000 requirement and officially ready to ride; I just have to find those generous people. I am excited about selecting my summer reading list; I will let you know when that decision has been made. There is a certain comfort found in this chaos that surround me.

jh

*I am fully aware eligibility into AARP begins at age 50, but it works so well in my analogy I will leave it.

No comments:

Post a Comment