5.30.2009

My Shiny Red Bicycle...

So of course, my shiny red bicycle and I are beginning to become accustomed to each other, but there was a slight hiccup on our second adventure, in the form of a flat tire. After happily riding in a light rain, no warning, just went flat...fast. The luxurious walk home gave me plenty of time to realize that the essentials are actually necessary. Somewhat of a redundant epiphany, I realize. But now we are well equipped with extra inner tubes and bicycle pumps. Today entailed an intense 25 mile ride over a small mountain, definitely felt the pizza I ate before riding; not a good idea for future reference. Everyday feels like a new scramble trying to tie-up loose ends before the trip starts. Working full-time, riding, and raising money basically takes up all my time, but suddenly the thought "I am going to bike across the country," began to take hold. Not across a town, not across a state, but a country....and a big one too. I am excited and can't wait to see everything fall into place and for the ride to start.

jh

No comments:

Post a Comment